The 2008 Site Commander tour spotlights these innovative products and jobsite solutions that improve quality, save time, and increase productivity.
Georgia-Pacific's DensGuard Tile Backer is lightweight, and because you can cut it with a utility knife, it's easier to install than cement board. DensGuard assures superior moisture resistance, achieving the highest scores under standard industry testing for mold resistance. It's code-approved for use in wet areas, and more effective than cement board in preventing moisture from wicking behind the tile over time. Backed by a lifetime limited residential warranty, DensGuard backer board uses a proven fiberglass-mat technology to deliver one of the tile industry's most trusted products.
- Scores and snaps with a standard utility knife
- Fastens with ordinary tools and fasteners
- Moisture barrier on face blocks water penetration
- Fiberglass mat face and back resists mold
Therma-Tru Doors invented fiberglass entry-door systems 25 years ago, and with the innovations that Therma-Tru continues to bring to this category, fiberglass doors have set new standards for their ease of installation, reliable performance and, thanks to Therma-Tru's AccuGrain Technology, the true appearance of a wood entry door without any of the maintenance problems. Now the company introduces its Same-Day Stain system that cuts pre-finishing lead time from three days to one.
- Low-maintenance durability
- CFC-free polyurethane foam core insulates five times better than wood
- Energy Star compliance and NFRC certification
- Dual bulb and fin bottom sweep, adjustable sill
- Stainless steel multipoint locking system
- Lifetime full-system warranties
Werner Ladder brings its cutting-edge ladders to the Site Commander tour.
Werner Ladder Models:
- Equalizer aluminum extension ladder with integrated levelers on each leg, secured with zinc-plated steel locking pins. Bottom step features a built-in bubble level
- Electrician's JobStation Type IAA 375-pound-rated fiberglass electrician's stepladder includes ToolLasso fittings, HolsterTop storage, integrated conduit holder, hacksaw hook, and built-in wire spool holders
- NXTIA06 Type IA, 300-pound-rated fiberglass stepladder features ToolLasso ready HolsterTop, slip-resistant Traction-Tred steps, and the EDGE professional bracing system
- D6220-2 20-foot Type IA, 300-pound-rated fiberglass extension ladder for working around electricity, with Traction-Tred D-rungs and slip-resistant pad and spur plate
We'd like to thank our incredible sponsors, contributors, and contractors for making this year's national tour and sweepstakes such a success.
LENOX Industrial Tools
Reading Truck Body
Sparks (design/project management)
Special Projects (engineering/custom buildout)
Thanks also to Dominic Tringali Architects and Mosher, Dolan, Cataldo and Kelly for providing their jobsite for the Site Commander photographs.