At this year’s World of Concrete Hilti was featuring a rotating laser that is said to be simple to use and able to take a beating. To prove it, a product manager knocked the tripod over multiple times (video below) for me and a succession of others. He couldn’t demonstrate it there, but the tool can also stand up to other bad things encountered on jobsites—such as moisture and dust. The housing has an IP66 rating, meaning it is dust-tight and can withstand temporary flooding under a particular test protocol.
Prices start at $2,159, depending on which accessories you get with the laser.
PR 30-HVS Specs
- Accuracy: +/-1/32 inches at 33ft
- Rotation speed: 600 rpm
- Self-leveling range: =/- 5 degrees
- Max operating distance with detector: 1640 feet
- IP protection class: IP 66
- Battery: Li-ion
- Runtime: 25 hours
- Operating temperature: -4 to 122F