What does a Paslode nailer have in common with a Miller welder and a Tapcon fastener?
The companies that make them are owned by Illinois Tool Works (ITW), the industrial conglomerate that is planning to shrink the number of brands it owns from 600 to 120. Why would anyone care? Wall Street cares because ITW is a Fortune 500 company that produces a broad array of industrial products. You and I might care because the company produces tools, fasteners and welding equipment.
Here are just a few of the construction and welding brands owned by ITW:
- Paslode (pneumatic nailers, gas nailers, fasteners)
- Duo-Fast (pneumatic nailers, gas nailers, fasteners)
- Hobart (welding equipment, plasma cutters, supplies)
- Miller (welding equipment, plasma cutters, supplies)
- Ramset (PAF and gas fastening systems, fasteners)
- Red Head (concrete anchoring systems, fasteners)
- Buildex (Tapcon fasteners)
- Truswal (truss production equipment)
- Pryda (timber connectors and truss framing systems)