We’ve reported on a number of new tools that DeWalt revealed at its media event in June, including a new battery platform that can alternate between 60V Max and 20V Max, cordless/corded sliding compound miter saw, cordless table saw, work light, and some portable saw horses. In this video I take a first look at DeWalt’s new battery charger / power station.
The DCB1800B Portable Power Station works as a battery charger AND cordless power source for tools. The power station charges 20V Max and 60V Max batteries. It comes with a power outlet where you can plug in a power tool and run it off of the batteries. Here are some key points:
- You can charge up to 4 batteries at a time
- Needs 4 batteries in order to run AC power
- Whatever battery has least amount of power will be the weakest link. So if a battery is ½ full, and the other three are ¾ full, the run time will be based off of the ½ full battery.
- The unit does not have a cord. You attached an extension cord to it in order to use it as a charger.
- Bare tool cost: $399
- Power station with (3) 20V Max 4 Ah and (1) FlexVolt 6Ah Max batteries: $599
- Release date: Fall 2016