Yes, you can stand on the top step and reach in any direction from the top of Werner’s Podium Ladder. This relatively new style of step ladder features a broad platform and a waist-high guard rail. The latest offerings seen at the STAFDA Show last week come with factory installed casters, making the whole rig easier to move around the jobsite. The casters are spring loaded to deactivate automatically when the ladder is in use. These are available as on the heavy-duty, 375-lb.-rated Type IAA model, and on the 300-lb.-rated, Type lA fiberglass model.
The full Podium Ladder product line includes:
- Podium PD7300 CA: Type 1AA heavy-duty fiberglass ladder with a load capacity of 375 lbs. and optional factory installed casters. Available in heights from 5 to 10 feet (for reach heights from 9 to 16 feet).
- Podium PDIA00CA Series: This Type IA fiberglass podium supports up to 300 lbs. It also comes in heights from 5 to 10 feet.
- Podium PD6200CA Series: A new Type IA-rated fiberglass podium is available with optional factory installed casters.
- Podium PDFS103CA: An Type I fiberglass podium with three steps (total height with guard rail of 5 feet) that provides a reach height of 9 ft.
- Podium PDA363CA: A aluminum three-step podium that is lighter than fiberglass Podium ladders and has a Type I (250-lb) rating.
For more information, visit Werner .