What do you get when you combine ingenious features, breakthrough products and technologies, amazing craftsmanship, and the best brands in the business? This year's Site Commander.
We've built some pretty cool Site Commanders over the eight-year history of this program, but this year tops them all by far. That's because at every stage in the project, everything just clicked together: the ambitious mission, creative ideas, coordinated process, and seamless teamwork. And as you probably know from your own projects, when that happens, you've set yourself up for success.
As you check out the customized work truck concepts we've included throughout these Dodge Ram 5500s, you'll see a theme that ties the Site Commander features, technologies, and new products together: innovation and leadership.
From LENOX's new T2 cutting technology, to the powerful computer and communications gear from Dell and Sprint, to the customized Reading Body, to the new all-terrain jobsite Segway, you will see the most innovative application of technology ever combined into a work truck by industry leaders. And along with breakthrough products from Werner Ladder, Georgia-Pacific, Therma-Tru Doors, and Carhartt work wear, the Site Commander offers time-saving jobsite solutions you can use tomorrow to add power to your own business management and growth, and increase productivity, quality, and safety on your projects. We're proud to bring you this year's Site Commander--the ultimate work truck.
The Truck: Dodge Ram 5500
This year's Site Commanders feature Dodge's tough and sleek Ram 5500, an all-wheel-drive quad-cab workhorse.
Each Site Commander is powered by a Cummins 6.7-liter (408.2 cubic inch) I-6 OHV, direct diesel injection, 24-valve, intercooled turbo diesel engine. And the Laramie trim and interior specs assure comfort in the cab. Here are some of the other important features that Dodge has built into this heavy-duty work truck.
Dodge 5500 Features:
- GVWR: 19,500 pounds
- Output: 305 hp @ 3,000 rpm
- Torque: 610 lb.-ft. @ 1,600 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic
- Towing capacity: 17,500 pounds
- Anti-spin differential rear axle
- Wheels: 19.5 x 6.0
- Minimum ground clearance: 7.2 in.
- Electronic shift-on-the-fly transfer case
- Steering: Hydraulic power-assist recirculating ball steering
- Brakes: 4-wheel disc brakes with front and rear vented discs
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system with three ABS channels
- Trailer harness
- Aero-composite halogen headlamps with delay-off
- Mirrors: Trailer-style mirrors
- Four-way adjustable driver and passenger seats with manual reclining, manual fore/aft
- Navigation: Full map GPS display
- Radio: Sirius Satellite Radio